Sunday, May 31, 2009

Progress

No, my teen has not turned into an angel over night - but we have had some progress in our relationship. She plays basketball (and is pretty good at it) and lately I've been driving her and her friend to all of the games. Well, on Friday she said she'd be staying at Chelsea's place Saturday night and that Chelsea's mom & dad were going to drive them to the game on Sunday. I assumed that I'd be staying at home because she didn't want me to go to her games before. I figured I was just "allowed" to go now because I was her ride.

So when she left on Saturday to go to Chelsea's she said, "So, I'll see you tomorrow at 10?"

I was kind of dumbfounded.

"For the game mom. It's at 10."

"Do you want me to come?"

"Well, ya..."

So, she actually wanted me there! To me that is progress.

She may not be an angel but on Sundays - game days - she's pretty darned close.

No comments:

Post a Comment